Broadways Stampings Limited project manage the introduction of a part from initial enquiry through to transfer in to full production, using a variety of methods including:
- Close liaison with the customer is carried out to understand their specific requirements and exact product needs. Following initial feasibility, to ensure appropriate design for manufacture and quotations are submitted in an effective and timely manner.
- Following receipt of an order, detailed process layouts are produced for press tool layout and any subsequent operations including Welding, Assembly, Subcontract, Powder Coating, ETC. These layouts are then subjected to more detailed feasibility reviews to ensure that the part will conform all the requirements. Feasibility’s are reviewed following receipt of ECR’s to ensure the part remains feasible. Changes are fully documented and visualised to ensure full implementation of the change.
- Projects are managed by regularly reviewing the progress all the planned activities, through review meetings to ensure milestones are achieved with the agreed time frame.
- Quality assessment of the parts are carried out both at the supplier and on site by the quality department to verify that the parts 100% meet the standards. Parts are dimensionally evaluated using CMM’s measuring directly to CAD. Confirming dimensional Capability of important characteristics.
- APQP activities are completed, covering the whole process of quality planning and product realisation (FMEA, Control Plan, Inspection Instructions) through to full level 3 PPAP submission.
- Transitional NPI meetings are carried out to ensure a swift and effective transition into production.