Broadways Stampings - Team Leader Job Specification
· Ensure that team leader leads by example and leads their team aligned with the values and behaviors of the company.
· Delivery of daily production targets through effective planning and prioritisation of workload, materials, resources, re-assign employees and make necessary staffing changes as required
· To organise and manage the team by ensuring, materials, tooling, equipment and documentation are available on time and in full.
· Ensure all departmental productive, output and performance standards are met and maintained.
· To oversee all our manufacturing processes.
· Be accountable for ensuring all press documentation and run boards are completed in real time and with 100% compliance to work instructions.
· Monitor the control and usage of materials and resources to ensure cost and waste is effectively managed to reduce cost.
· Ensure all team members are trained and competent to perform tasks, effectively, safely and in compliance of company procedures and relevant legislation.
· Ensure that employees are trained and aware of the Quality Standards are fully maintained in conjunction with Quality Checks, ensuring deviations are investigated fully and closed on time.
· Ensure that processes and operations are compliant with prescribed quality system and devise permanent corrective actions to reduce or eliminate and issues (ie scrap, breakages, rework, plant failures, quality etc)
· To ensure all material waste streams are identified and correctly processed
· Build Quality Culture within the team by using the Right First-Time Principles
· Be accountable for checking fixtures and gauges, ensuring that they are in good working condition when required at the press.
· Be accountable and responsible for ensuring and delays or impacts or concerns are effectively raised and communicated.
· Ensure appropriate maintenance of plant, equipment and other facilities are undertaken when required.
· Ensure correct movement of items around the plant; Movement of Finished Goods; WIP , Material, Scrap , all types of containers, in and around the Press Shop floor, ensuring no cross contamination of bins or stillages.
· Contribute and support introduction of new products, equipment and processes in line with the principle’s continuous improvement and best practice.
· Maintain a high level of tidiness and cleanliness at all times – personal, personnel, work area and department - maintained 100% , with ZERO oil on floor.
· Ensure that all team members immediately report any breakages, shortfalls, plant failure or quality concerns.
· Be responsible for the reporting/escalation of issues including delays, breakages, short falls, accidents, injuries, plant failures, quality or other issues are addressed considering local regulations, and Company Policy.
· Proactive reporting and escalation of issues including delays, breakages, short falls, accidents, injuries, plant failures, quality, ensuring any concerns are communicated and recorded immediately.
· Responsible for Health and Safety of Team
· Create a culture of safety first ensuring all procedures and processes are adhered to and actively followed by the team.
· Support other teams and functions in line with the needs of the business.
· Develop team through mentoring, recognising potential, development of team skills and training in line with company standards.
· Ad-hoc duties as requested
· Experience of working in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
· Supervisory or management experience where productivity and performance measures are maintained and exceeded (Essential).
· Proven People Leadership skills that you can readily demonstrate
· Great interpersonal, communication and influencing skills at all levels
· Self-motivated and capable of decision making.
· MS Office proficiency.
· Ability to create an agile cross functional workforce
· Passion for engineering and desire to maintain and motivate that passion within the team.